Vacation Precautions Make Home Renovation a Necessity
Same Day Carpet Cleaning Long Beach — Going over to the cabin this summer for some R & R? Make sure your home is not the victim of a B&E with these security suggestions from Homeservice Club:
1. Before you go on vacation, double-check your home insurance policy. For the policy to be valid, some feature a clause that requires the premises to be verified every 48 hours in your absence.
2. Install a postal delivery service that comes in once or twice a day, opens curtains in the morning and closes them in the evenings, and cuts the grass.
3. Add affordable motion-sensing lights at entrances, garage doors, walks, and porches to illuminate dark portions of the yard, replace burned-out bulbs on exterior light fixtures, and install motion-sensing floodlights.
4. Use different timers for landscape lighting, porch lights, a few interior lights, and even a radio to make it look and sound like someone is home.
5. Before you go, stop receiving newspaper deliveries. On their websites, most newspapers feature vacation stop/start forms.
6. Inviting your neighbors to park their cars in your driveway can give the impression that people are coming and going through your driveway.
7. Garages and garden sheds might supply a thief with the required tools to break in your home. Make sure they’re locked, and that ladders are locked up and out of sight.
8. Leave an itinerary, a phone number and a house key with a trusted neighbour so they can notify you if something goes wrong with your house.
9. Finally, install deadbolts on any exterior and internal doors leading to the garage, cellar, or solarium, as well as fasten patio doors. The deadbolt should be at least an inch long and the striking plate should be bolted into the door framing stud.
If your home is broken into, you may have to do a major overhaul on your home. Household items can be broken, stolen, and sentimentally irreplaceable. Suffering this set back, you may have to renovate your current home as a result of breaking and entering. Furthermore, you may have to move to a completely new home to avoid any future incidents.
Follow these tips prior to leaving for your vacation, each tip will prove vital to keeping your home safe for the remainder of your leave. You will rest easy knowing you took precaution from having all your valuables taken away from you.