How to Clean Out a Dryer Vent
Dryer Vent in Calabasas cleaning — If you’re looking for a cleaning tear in the laundry area , you may too tackle the clothes Dryer Vent in Calabasas. Knowing how to clean a Dryer Vent in Calabasas is not just an issue of cleanliness, but of safety: Dirty drier vents are the leading cause of domestic dryer fires. Dryers should be cleaned at least once annually, and it’s a simple task you can tackle at home when you have a couple of spare hours.
1. Gather Your Cleaning Supplies
Here are the cleaning products and provides you’ll need to get the job done:
Vacuum with hose attachment
Broom and dustpan
Dryer duct cleaning kit
2. Bring the Dryer Out In the Wall, Unplug It, and Disconnect the Duct
Pull the dryer out of the wall. Unplug it, and if it’s a gas dryer, turn off the gas valve as well.
3. Vacuum the Inside of the Vent
With a hose attachment, then turn in your vacuum cleaner, and suction around the entrance of the vent. Poke it indoors and vacuum out what you can.
4. Connect the Flexible Rods On Your Dryer Duct Cleaning Kit to Your Electricity Drill
Now you’re going to go in deeper. Using a dryer duct cleaning kit, you really can expand your reach. Standard kits come with flexible rods that allow you to get up to 12 feet inside the duct. You’ll attach the sticks together. They’re made to connect, but for added insurance, you can tape over every connection with electrical tape so there’s no opportunity they come apart. The kit comes with a rotating brush which should go . On the back end, you’re join a power drill to the pole near you.
5. Switch On the Drill and Let the Brush Work Its Magic
Once attached, turn the drill to twist clockwise on medium power. Push and pull back and forth slowly, eventually pulling the brush all the way out. As you move debris, lint, and dirt will start spilling out of the dryer duct facing you. It is necessary to keep the drill running ; should you start turning it counterclockwise, you face the chance of the attachments disassembling and getting stuck inside the dryer duct.
6. Before going to the exterior vent, clean up the mess your cleaning left. Sweep the debris up and throw it.
7. Your exterior vent could be located low to the ground or high near the roof. When it’s near a roof onto a building with numerous stories, it is not going to be easy to access, so you can’t do any cleaning there. If, however, your external port is near the ground, you can replicate the practice of snaking the elastic sticks through and drill cleaning, just this time from the exterior in.
8. Place the Dryer Back Together
Now the cleaning is completed, it is time to plug the dryer back and reconnect the duct back in the Dryer Vent in Calabasas. Turn the gas valve back , if appropriate.
Give Green Carpet’s® a call today to find out more about our Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning service and all the other home cleaning services we provide!
How to Clean Dryer Vents and Things Can Happen If You Do Not in Calabasas
How to Start A Clothes Dryer Vent Cleansing Business in Calabasas