How to Bring an Old Carpet or Rug Back to Life
It makes no difference how much money you spend because there are area rugs available in every price range. You want them to have a stunning appearance. Your home can give off the appearance of being unkempt and make a poor first impression if you have dirty carpets. Rugs are subjected to foot traffic, play, and even liquid spills. Your carpets may suffer damage as a result of all of this wear and tear. Is there anything that can be done to keep them looking as good as they did on the first day they were installed?
Advice on How to Preserve the Clean and Fresh Appearance of Your Carpet and Area Rugs
1. Vacuum area rugs regularly. You can extend the life of your rugs and keep them looking great by giving them regular vacuuming. At a minimum, vacuum once per week, and more frequently in high-traffic areas. Be sure to make the necessary adjustments to account for the height of the pile on your rug. It is easy to do damage to your rugs if the height is set too low for high pile carpet. When used on low-pile carpets, a setting that is too high will not do a very good job of cleaning your rugs.
2. Rotate the area rugs in your home. Rotating your rugs is one of the most effective things you can do to extend their lifespan. This will assist in maintaining a consistent flow of foot traffic throughout the store. If you have a rug that rests against a couch, you should turn it around by 180 degrees to ensure that both sides of the rug get the same amount of use. You should think about getting more than one rug for any given space so that you can “rest” them by rotating them.
3. Find a way to stop the shedding of the area rug. As they age, every rug will eventually “shed” and lose some of its fibers. When they are first born, they will shed more, but this will decrease as they get older. In the beginning, vacuuming will assist in keeping this under control. If you have rugs that have loops in them, you won’t have this problem; you just need to be careful not to pull on any stray loops and instead cut them.
4. Be sure to safeguard your area rugs. Furniture can damage your rugs. Protectors can be placed on the feet to stop divots from forming or other damage from occurring to the fibers. These protectors will distribute the pressure that is caused by the weight of the furniture so that there will be less wear and tear. Before placing your furniture on a freshly vacuumed carpet, check to see that the legs have been thoroughly cleaned.
5. Brush the area rugs to remove any pet hair. When you have a pet, there will be more hair on your furniture and carpet. You can either vacuum more frequently to keep up with the shedding or use a vacuum cleaner that is better at picking up pet hair. Both of these options will help.
6. Try to avoid having the sun shine directly on the area rugs. Your rugs may lose their vibrant colors and become less vibrant over time if they are exposed to direct sunlight, which can be caused by the windows in your home. If it is possible to do so, you should move them so that they are not directly in the path of the sun. If you are unable to move your rugs, you should make every effort to ensure that the window coverings are drawn whenever the sun is shining.
7. Remove stains and spills from the area rug. It should go without saying that accidents and messes should be cleaned up as soon as possible. Remove the solids with a scoop and blot them with a clean cloth. Do not scrub the stain, as this could push it deeper into the fibers and/or cause them to become damaged.
For even more helpful hints and suggestions Check out the Cleaning Service that Green Carpet’s Cleaning offers. Book a Same Day Carpet Cleaning Danville Danville now.