Cleaning up With Help From the Pros
People like carpets because they are warm and soft, and also because they are easier to clean and maintain than hard floors. Most of the time, all that’s needed to keep carpets looking new and clean is to vacuum them often and give them a deep clean every so often. If you really care about your carpet, here is a basic guide for getting rid of stains and keeping carpets and upholstery in good shape.
1. Clean up spills right away to keep them from staining. Start by getting rid of any large pieces of trash. Use clean, cold water and white paper towels or towels to clean up the spill. Never scrub or clean the stain, because it will damage the fibers and might make the stain last longer. If this method doesn’t work, you should only try something stronger.
2. Regular vacuuming and spot treatment will improve the quality and length of life of your carpets and furniture.
3. Since chemicals are hard on carpet and furniture fibers, you should always start with the weakest service before moving on. Start with clean water and then use a mild solution of liquid soap (never laundry detergent) or an oxygen-based cleaner, which usually works well on natural stains like food, animal, and blood, before using chemical stains.
Carpet stain removal products are made with some of the most dangerous chemicals and should only be used with gloves and in a well-ventilated area.
4. Test the carpet or furniture cleaning products in a hidden area to make sure they won’t change the color. Place a white paper towel or piece of fabric on the area being tested to see if the color has moved. If the cleaner is safe, put a small amount of the stain remover on a clean, white piece of fabric and work your way from the outside of the stain in. If water or a mild cleaner isn’t working anymore, you can still keep it going by using a stronger solution. A solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide that can be left on the stain and dabbed can also be used to clean it. You don’t have to clean yourself. Vinyl furniture can also be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide.
5. Once the stain is gone, rinse with clean water and blot up the extra. When towels are too wet to soak up any more water, you should get new ones. Be careful not to overwet the carpet, as this can also damage it or cause mold to grow on the carpet or upholstered furniture.
Taking the time to clean up spills before they turn your carpets and furniture dirty will go a long way toward keeping them looking as good as new. Professional cleaning from Green Carpet’s Cleaning will not only help your carpet last longer but there are also many other benefits to having your carpets cleaned by a pro. Contact a Same Day Carpet Cleaning Saticoy company right now, like Green Carpet’s Cleaning to get a free quote.